Michigan State University has hundreds of scholarships and support for students. Now is the time to apply for next year. Here is the link: https://scholarships.msu.edu/
Student Life & Engagement
The following scholarships are affiliated with Student Life and Engagement. The deadline to apply for most of these scholarships is 11:55 p.m. on Monday, March 13, 2023. However, please make sure you read details of each scholarship for differences in deadline, requirements and submission processes. Unless a separate link is provided, learn about or apply for these and other scholarship and funding opportunities, please visit the MSU Scholarships website.
Spartans Emergency Fund
There are times when emergencies and urgent demands arise that we aren’t financially prepared to take on. This happens more than you might think to students attending Michigan State, and the University is committed to removing such hardships whenever possible. The Support Our Spartans (SOS) Fund was created to assist students with basic needs like rent, removing food insecurity and other essential expenses during times of crisis.
If you have an emergency need, apply for support here: https://msu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ah1JH6XRgbbFQ34
Fraternity & Sorority Life Scholarships
Mary Beth Knox Scholarship was established to keep Mary Beth’s (member of Alpha Chi Omega) memory alive by assisting fellow students, one member of a sorority and one member of a fraternity from the Fraternity & Sorority community, whose lives have been impacted by cancer. APPLICATION
Morgan McGregor Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established in 2014. Priority shall be given to members of Pi Beta Phi Sorority; preference given to applicants pursuing a degree within the Eli Broad College of Business; if there are no applicants from Pi Beta Phi Sorority, the scholarship becomes available to members of all Fraternity & Sorority Life Councils. APPLICATION
Panhellenic Scholarship was created for women who hold membership in a Panhellenic Council-affiliated sorority and exhibit leadership through the participation of the chapter house and in the Fraternity & Sorority community. APPLICATION
The Gender and Sexuality Campus Center Scholarships
The Pride Endowed Scholarship Fund was founded in 2000 by Bill Beachler, MSU Alumnus, and GLFSA, the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Faculty Staff, and Graduate Student Association of Michigan State University. In 2019 GLFSA was re-established and renamed EPIC, the Employee Pride and Inclusion Coalition. The Gender and Sexuality Campus Center (GSCC) manages this scholarship in consultation with EPIC. Candidates should demonstrate academic achievement and involvement with or contributions to the LGBTQA+ community. Preference is given to an incoming, first-year (or transfer) student, although all undergraduate students are encouraged to apply. APPLICATION
Stephen P. Pougnet and Christopher J. Green Endowed Scholarship, is awarded to a currently enrolled student of junior or senior standing (preference is given to students enrolled in The Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University). Candidates must demonstrate academic excellence and involvement with or contributions to LGBT communities. APPLICATION
Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities Scholarships
Last year, the RCPD awarded over $40,000 worth of scholarships to both graduate and undergraduate students. Get your applications in on time, so you don’t miss out on these amazing opportunities for funding. MORE INFORMATION
Scholarships for Student Leadership
Asian Pacific Student Leadership Endowment Fund was established to support student leadership involvement with the Asian Pacific American community at Michigan State University. APPLICATIONASMSU Awards for Distinguished Leaders supports students who exhibit active educational and professional leadership throughout the university community and ensure that the financial demands and impacts on these students are minimized. There are a total of six scholarships available. MORE INFORMATION
- Charles Beachnau Spartan Leadership Award
- Honorable Maria Ladas Hoopes Leadership Award
- Dr. Lee June Multi-Cultural Leadership Award
- The Bill Livingood Recognized Leadership Award
- John McQuitty Student Advocacy Award
- Sam Singh Community Leadership and Engagement Award
Efrain and Francisca Marinez Farm Workers Scholarship was established to support and encourage educational opportunities for farm working students who wish to pursue and earn college degrees through MSU. APPLICATIONExcalibur Student Leadership Scholarship supports students who serve in leadership roles across campus. APPLICATIONTodos Organizados Para Cuidar Estudiantes (TOCE)/L.U.P.E. Scholarship was established to support students who exhibit involvement and commitment to the MSU Chicano/Latino Community. APPLICATION
Scholarships for Student Parents
Christine S. Carter Fund for Student Parents was established to support MSU Student Parents. Preference is given to support single parents and those that demonstrate financial need. APPLICATIONCouncil of Graduate Students Childcare Support Award endowment was established by the Council of Graduate Students Graduate students to provide graduate students with support for costs associated with childcare at Michigan State University. This endowment supports all income eligible graduate students at MSU, domestic and international. Low income undergraduate student parents may also be eligible for the MSU Child Care Grant funding. MORE INFORMATIONStudent Parents on A Mission Award was established to support members of the Registered Student Organization, SPOM, who are active SPOM participants and meet the scholarship criteria. APPLICATION
Scholarships for Student Veterans
Charles and Dorothy Doane Veterans Education Trust Scholarships
- The Charles and Dorothy Doane Veterans Education Trust (VET) Education Abroad Scholarship has been established to meet the needs of veterans enrolled at MSU where the funds will make the greatest impact and will be awarded spring, summer, or fall semester. APPLICATION
- The Doane Veterans Education Trust (VET) Success Scholarship: Funds may be used to provide direct scholarship support for tuition, books, study abroad, internships, childcare or housing for graduate and undergraduate students and/or be used to enhance counseling services, tutoring and life skills programs, family support services, disability support services or career development services. APPLICATION
Lou Bender Endowed Scholarship for Veterans will provide a minimum $500 for veterans attending MSU to be awarded for spring, summer or fall semester. APPLICATION
MSU SCHOLARSHIP SEARCHES & INFORMATION
Watch out for scams!
MSU does not endorse any scholarship service that charges a fee. Be wary of companies that guarantee results. No company can guarantee that you will get a scholarship.
- Office of Financial Aid for a listing of Scholarships & Grants.
- MSU Scholarship Search: MSU offers a wide variety of scholarships, some of which have criteria which severely limit the number of students who might be eligible, while others have much broader criteria.
- Office of Admissions Scholarship Search: The following scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen who meet the criteria specified by the award. Satisfying the criteria does not guarantee that a student will receive a scholarship since the amount of funding may limit the number of awards that can be offered. Consideration for these awards is automatic. In some instances, an additional application is required. Check the searchable scholarship database for additional major-specific scholarships awarded directly by colleges and departments.
- More Searches HERE!
You may be offered a scholarship through the Office of Admissions simply by applying to MSU. Current and prospective MSU students may also check:
- MSU Scholarship Database: A comprehensive listing of scholarships offered by MSU. Many of these scholarships do not have applications and are awarded automatically by departments across campus.
- Special Scholarship Links: Links related to study abroad, athletics, students with children, etc. Students in these situations may have unique scholarships available to them.
Expand your search by using online scholarship search services such as those listed below. Remember that you will need to submit your application materials directly to the awarding organization and meet all their requirements and deadlines.