OCAT has a number of different job and internship opportunities available for MSU students. These paid positions include Intercultural Aides (compensated for room and board), MAGIC Peer Assistants and Work study (OCAT & MOSAIC Unity Center).
APPLY TO BE AN INTERCULTURAL AIDE (ICA)
APPLY TO BE A RESIDENT ASSISTANT (RA)!
RA Info Sessions
- Monday, Nov. 4 (8:30 p.m.) – McDonel Kiva (C107)
- Tuesday, Nov. 5 (8:30 p.m.) – 137 Akers
- Wednesday, Nov. 6 (8:30 p.m.) – Wilson C102
- Thursday, Nov. 7 (8:30 p.m.) – N105 Business College Complex
- Friday, Nov. 8 (3:30 p.m.) – 134 Brody
- Monday, Nov. 11 (7 p.m.) – Brody 112
- Monday, Nov. 11 (7:15 p.m.) – B117 Wells
- Tuesday, Nov. 12 (7:15 p.m.) – 106 Ernst Bessey
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 (6 p.m.) – S105 South Kedzie Hall
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 (7 p.m.) – C106 Holmes
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 (7:15 p.m.) – McDonel Kiva (C107)
- Friday, Nov. 15 (3:30 p.m.) – C202 Snyder
RA Application here – Open until December 7th
APPLY TO BE AN MSU TOUR GUIDE!
The MSU Tour Program is looking to hire energetic and talented Spartans to join our 120 person team.
Description: As part of the MSU Tour Guide team, you will lead prospective students, parents, families, visitors and alumni on walking or bus tours of MSU’s campus, as well as lead neighborhood and residence hall/apartment tours. MSU Tour Guides share their unique Spartan Stories on every tour, and are friendly, outgoing, knowledgeable, and passionate about all aspects of MSU. Their passion demonstrates that MSU is a place people love to be, and help show what it is like to be an MSU Spartan. Tour Guides are the face of MSU, and take pride in delivering an outstanding Spartan experience to their guests.
- Enrolled as a student at Michigan State University (during academic year)
- Demonstrated commitment to outstanding customer service
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Positive and respectful, especially when working with a diverse population
- Able to stand for long periods of time
Key Skills You Would Grow:
- Communication & Public Speaking
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Diversity Awareness & Respect
- Teamwork & Cooperation
Pay & Hours:
- Most MSU tours happen between 9a – 4p Mon – Saturday
- Some night & weekend tours/events can occur
- Flexible, variable, shifts available year round; compatible with other campus jobs or club involvement
- Guaranteed breaks: Finals weeks, spring break, winter break, and home football game days OFF
- Starts at $9.25 per hour, supervisor positions and advancement available.
Training Opportunities: Robust training and support is part of the Tour Guide Experience
- Fall: four days in late August
- Spring: two days in early January
- Mandatory monthly meetings Sunday nights
Student supervisor positions are available for talented students interested in taking a leadership role. The MSU Tour Program relies on student supervisors to assess, recruit, train, schedule, secure, and run daily operations of the tour program.
Click here to apply and search “Tour Guide”.
APPLY WITH MSU CONCESSIONS:
MSU Concessions offers MSU students a wide variety of fun positions, flexible schedules and an exciting work environment. Benefits include: great pay, free meals during events, training and advancement opportunities, great location (work close to where you live!). Inquire about internship credit opportunities. Contact (517) 353-2005 or email email@example.com Monday-Friday (8-5pm).
APPLY WITH MSU NSSC:
The Neighborhood Student Success Collaborative (NSSC) is committed to empowering all undergraduate students to pursue knowledge, access resources, and develop skills needed for intellectual, social, local, and global success.