MORE ABOUT MAGIC:
What is MAGIC?
Maximizing Academic Growth In College or MAGIC is a summer transition program for incoming MSU freshmen. This one-week program is offered twice in the summer during July. Students will be introduced to campus resources, network with MSU faculty/staff, meet life-long friends ALL before the first day of school! When students return to campus (about a month later), they are ready and prepared for the academic rigors of college life. The MAGIC program aims to prepare incoming students with the MAGIC CONFIDENCE needed to succeed in college!
MAGIC PARTICIPANT 2019 APPLICATION:
(Download application here & follow instructions below.)
MAGIC Participant Application
Participants choose one week: Week One (July 14-19, 2019) or Week Two (July 21-26, 2019)
MAGIC PARTICIPANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. You will need to download the application and save to your computer in order to be able to type directly onto the application.
2. Once you download application onto your computer, you can then type directly onto the pdf application. (Note: you can also print application and complete by hand, however, we prefer you type directly onto the application, if possible.)
3. Save information and print off the application to add signature at the bottom of page 2.
4. Make sure application is completely filled out with proper Health Insurance Info. (page 2).
5. Mail application with a $75 check or money order (no cash or credit card accepted) to: Office of Cultural & Academic Transitions, Michigan State University, 556 East Circle Dr. Room 339, East Lansing, MI 48824.**Check should be made out to “Michigan State University.”
6. Once we receive your application/Health Insurance Form/$75 participation fee, we will send a confirmation email to the email address provided on application. Applications completed online and emailed to us at email@example.com will be accepted but are not considered complete until we receive the $75 payment.
7. Review MAGIC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
8. A few weeks prior to the program, all accepted MAGIC participants will receive follow up information regarding program specifics (i.e. what to pack, what to expect, etc.).
9. Do not hesitate to call our office at (517) 353-7745 if you have any further questions.
Send postal mail to:
Office of Cultural & Academic Transitions
Michigan State University
556 East Circle Dr., Room 339
East Lansing, MI 48824
Send e-mail to:
OCAT phone number:
Send fax to:
[NOTE: Applications completed online and emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted but are not considered complete until we receive the $75 payment.]