ICI Inclusive Policies and Procedures Task Force
What We Are Doing:
During our ICI “Inclusive Policies and Procedures” Task Force monthly meetings, the team has turned their attention toward student demands and on-going student concerns within Michigan State University (MSU) that fall within the category of “Inclusive Policies and Procedures.” Our discussions center on how to strategize around campus-wide resources by:
1. Increasing and centralizing communications.
2. Following up on progress.
3. Identifying the need for additional resources.
4. Offering guidance, advice and advocacy.
Purpose Statement: We are invested in influencing policies and procedures that impact student wellness and success.
On-going Discussions, Questions and Projects:
Identified 5 areas of priorities for task force to examine their relation to student success.
- Donor Accountability
- Anti-Discrimination Policy (ADP)
- How can we implement more accountability and awareness around bias incidents and the relationship to MSU’s ADP policy?
- Transparency (procedures and consistency)
- How do we increase communications centered on bias incidents in the residence halls in providing support for students?
- Where are the gaps in our support services for students?
- Religious Observance Policy
- Name changes on official documents