ICI Inclusive Representation and Retention Task Force
What We Are Doing:
During our ICI Inclusive Representation and Retention Task Force monthly meetings, the team has turned their attention toward student demands and on-going student concerns within Michigan State University’s (MSU) inclusive representation and retention. Our discussions center on how to support the campus-wide resources offered to MSU community members by:
1. Increasing and centralizing communications
2. Following up on progress
3. Identifying the need for additional resources
Purpose statement: Creating a more inclusive community centered on equitable representation and sustainable retention.
On-going Discussions and Projects:
- Restructuring the “Diversity & Inclusion” link on MSU’s website.
- Recruitment of staff and faculty of color while supporting the upward mobility of current MSU staff and faculty of color.
- Creation of a DEI Awards Program that demonstrates the university’s commitment toward advancing DEI campus-wide.
- Increased representation of *”minority representation” within leadership of REHS (i.e., Resident Assistants and full-time staff).