What We Are Doing:
During our ICI “Inclusive Physical Environment” Task Force monthly meetings, the team has turned their attention toward student demands and on-going student concerns at Michigan State University (MSU) that fall within the category of an “Inclusive Physical Environment.” Our discussions center on how to strategize around campus-wide resources by:
1. Increasing and centralizing communications.
2. Following up on progress.
3. Identifying the need for additional resources.
Purpose statement: Work toward an inclusive physical campus environment where Spartan community members can move freely and thrive at Michigan State University.
On-going Discussions and Projects:
- All Gender Restrooms
- All Gender Restroom locations across campus have been added to the new SafeMSU app. (Navigation: Open SafeMSU app. Scroll down to the campus maps section. All Gender Restrooms are identified in the app.)
- Reflection Rooms
- Sharps Containers
- Gender Inclusive Housing (GIH)
- Security and Surveillance (updates forthcoming)
- Residence Halls Cleaning Accreditation (updates forthcoming)
- Creating a community standard for creating an inclusive physical environment (updates forthcoming)
- Campus Lighting